Entering the UK FAQS

Looking for information on the college's response to COVID-19 (coronavirus)? Click here to read our students FAQs.

How will this affect my Tier 4 Student Visa?

On 24 March the UK Home Secretary announced that Visa nationals who cannot return home due to the COVID-19 pandemic will be able to extend their visa. This will apply to anyone whose leave has expired after the 24 January and who cannot leave the country because of travel restrictions or self-isolation. This extension will last until 31 May but will be kept under regular review in case further extensions are needed If you are in this situation you should email CIH@homeoffive.gov.uk to request a visa extension from the government’s dedicated COVID-19 immigration team.

To help those who want to apply for visas to stay in the UK long-term, the Home Office is also temporarily expanding the in-country switching provisions. This will mean people can apply to switch routes, such as from Tier 4 (student) to Tier 2 (General Worker), whilst remaining in the UK.

In light of the current advice on self-isolation and social distancing, the Home Office is also waiving a number of requirements on visa sponsors, such as allowing non-EU nationals here underwork or study routes to undertake their work or study from home.

For regularly updated guidance please visit the UK Council for International Affairs (UKCISA) website.

I have applied to study with Plymouth College of Art in September 2020. If there is a delay due to coronavirus, can I join my course later in the academic year?

Plymouth College of Art is a dynamic creative institution, and we are already putting in measures to ensure our students are fully supported with their studies. We understand that the COVID-19 situation may impact on an individuals’ ability to enrol on a programme from the planned start date. We will therefore consider some flexibility in light of the situation and come up with an individual study and support plan to ensure you are not disadvantaged.

Please contact our Admissions team to discuss your application further on admissions@pca.ac.uk

I have not been able to book an International English Language Testing System or Test of English as a Foreign Language English language test. Will you consider other English language tests?

Yes, subject to UKVI regulations. We are investigating additional language testing options and will keep applicants updated. You can find out more about which tests the college currently accepts on our website’s International pages.

Further information please email international@pca.ac.uk